SABIAN XSR LTD PROMO PERFORMANCE SET W/ FREE 18 FAST CRASH
SABIAN has just announced the launch of a brand new cymbal series: XSR. Replacing Xs20, XSR will deliver unprecedented sound and performance at a price designed to fit your cymbal budget. No other series even comes close!
“We work hard to keep pushing forward the art of cymbal-making,” comments SABIAN Master Product Specialist Mark Love. “The technology we have learned from making professional series cymbals eventually trickles down to more budget-minded series. For XSR, we use many of the same processes from Evolution and X-Plosion cymbals, and we’re thrilled with the result.”
XSR cymbals are hammered and feature enhanced profiles. Bells have been reshaped and redesigned to accelerate the overall sound of the cymbal. The result? Sound and performance well beyond what you would expect from a budget series. In fact, you can put XSR on any kit, on any stage, and not sound out of place.
Sabian pinpoint lathing technology results in the overall smooth, controlled sound of XSR. Lathed by Vault craftsmen, some of whom have hand-lathed well over one million cymbals, each XSR is hand-polished to a stunning brilliant finish.
- Sabian metallurgists combine measured amounts of copper, tin and silver to create centuries-old recipe for Sabian B20 bronze alloy
- Molten-hot B20 bronze is very carefully hand-poured into pots, and once cooled, yields already-musical B20 bronze castings
- B20 castings are meticulously hand-separated by weight and prepared to remove all impurities
- Castings are fed through a large rolling oven up to a dozen times, involving a crew of 5 men who must work with choreographic precision under intense heat
- During the entire rolling process, blanks must be rotated carefully to create a molecular weave for strength and durability
- As castings become cymbal blanks, custom-built machine tools are expertly hand-operated to press bells into blanks, drill holes in center, cut down to size and bump for approximate shape
- Lathe craftsmen operate specially retrofitted lathes, thinning cymbal to desired gauge while adding crucial tonal grooves
- Cymbal must be trimmed to exact size and the edges buffed for smoothness
- Each individual cymbal is hand-tested and hand-weighed in the Vault by Vault sound specialists, a critical process
- Each individual cymbal is placed on a shelf to age, allowing the frantically active molecules to slow down and stabilize
- Each individual cymbal is once again hand-tested by two Vault specialists to ensure they fit the parameters of the series and model
CYMBAL SET INCLUDES :-
- 14" Hi Hats
- 16" Fast Crash
- 20" Ride
- 18" Fast Crash *FOC*