Each B8X cymbal is hand-lathed by skilled Vault craftsmen, some of whom have lathed well over one million cymbals. Once finished, B8X cymbals end up in the Vault to be hand-tested before getting a final stamp of approval to go to market.
- Hand-guided machine hammering is used to add musicality, complexity, and bright tone
- Lathe craftsmen operate specially retrofitted lathes, thinning cymbal to desired gauge while adding crucial tonal grooves
- Cymbal must be trimmed to exact size and the edges buffed for smoothness
- Each individual cymbal is hand-tested and hand-weighed in the Vault by Vault sound specialists, a critical process
- Each individual cymbal is placed on a shelf to age, allowing the frantically active molecules to slow down and stabilize
- Each individual cymbal is once again hand-tested by two Vault specialists to ensure they fit the parameters of the series and model